McLaren P1 basks in Bahrain photo shoot
Production version coming to Geneva motor show.
Following its Middle East debut in Bahrain in January, McLaren brought the P1 back to the desert for some glamour shots before the car’s arrival on the market.
The United Arab Emirates is full of oil, sand, sheiks, princes, sultans and an amazing amount of car enthusiasts. Every supercar maker stops there with something new, knowing a few sales are guaranteed. Ferrari, Lamborghini and Bugatti have done it, now it’s the McLaren P1’s turn.
Details are still scarce on the car. Rumors have it using a twin-turbo V8 or V10, definitely making more than 700 hp, and possibly more than 900.
The McLaren story so far:
- The body of the car was teased ahead of the Paris motor show.
- The P1 took the stand in Paris.
- In November, we caught it testing in Spain.
- In January, the company airlifted one to the top of a Beverly Hills hotel and uploaded a video to YouTube, explaining the development so far.
- On Tuesday, McLaren revealed the interior for the first time.
- The P1 will get a full reveal -- specs and all -- at the Geneva motor show. Until then, feast on these photos of the P1 enjoying the desert sun.
-- Jake Lingeman
Content provided by Autoweek.
Get more Car News from Autoweek.
Get the latest Car Reviews from Autoweek.
EXPLORE NEW CARS
MORE ON MSN AUTOS
ABOUT EXHAUST NOTES
Cars are cool, and here at MSN Autos we love everything about them, but we also know they're more than simply speed and style: a car is an essential tool, a much-needed accessory to help you get through your day-to-day life. What you drive is also one of the most important investments you can make, so we'll help you navigate your way through the car buying and ownership experiences. We strive to be your daily destination for news, notes, tips and tricks from across the automotive world. So whether it's through original content from our world-class journalists or the latest buzz from the far corners of the Web, Exhaust Notes helps you make sense of your automotive world.
Have a story idea? Tip us off at email@example.com.