Popular Mechanics' 10 Best of 2010
This year's Automotive Excellence Awards have been announced, and here are the standouts.
Winners include two pony cars (which take top honors in quite different categories), two luxury brands (though one gets a nod for technological innovation rather than a specific vehicle), a gas-sipper, a massive off-road beast and, lastly, a Best New Cars 2010 pick that we found, well, shocking.
You can read the whole article here, or find our recap after the jump.
(Note: All vehicles listed are 2010 models.)
- Best off-road ability: Ford F-150 Raptor
- Best workhorse vehicle: Ford Transit Connect
- Most versatile car: Subaru Outback
- Technical innovation award: Lexus Remote Touch System
- Best fuel efficiency: Toyota Prius
- Best luxury vehicle: BMW 335d
- Most fun to drive: Hyundai Genesis Coupe
- Best car design: Chevrolet Camaro
- Best performance: Ford Mustang Shelby GT500
- Best new car 2010: Kia Soul
EXPLORE NEW CARS
MORE ON MSN AUTOS
ABOUT EXHAUST NOTES
Cars are cool, and here at MSN Autos we love everything about them, but we also know they're more than simply speed and style: a car is an essential tool, a much-needed accessory to help you get through your day-to-day life. What you drive is also one of the most important investments you can make, so we'll help you navigate your way through the car buying and ownership experiences. We strive to be your daily destination for news, notes, tips and tricks from across the automotive world. So whether it's through original content from our world-class journalists or the latest buzz from the far corners of the Web, Exhaust Notes helps you make sense of your automotive world.
Have a story idea? Tip us off at firstname.lastname@example.org.