Popular Cars Over $100,000
Luxury sedans and exotic sports cars make up this list of high-end vehicles.
MSN Autos' most popular vehicle priced over $100,000, the BMW 760Li combines the roominess and amenities expected in a luxury car with the power and handling expected in a BMW.
The vehicles in this elite category are not typically considered to be politically correct. They don't have great fuel economy and some are not terribly practical. They do tend to have very powerful engines, lavish amenities and definitely make a statement when you arrive in one.
The daydream-inducing vehicles listed here are the most popular ones among MSN Autos shoppers. These vehicles are not necessarily being purchased—they are simply the vehicles that get looked at the most.
1. BMW 7-Series: The 7-Series is BMW's flagship luxury sedan, offered in regular and extended-wheelbase versions, powered by either a 4.8-liter V8 engine or a 6.0-liter V12 engine. Topping out around $120,000, the 7-Series combines a luxurious interior and smooth ride with the performance and handling expected from a BMW.
2. Maybach: With a price as high as $385,000, the Maybach 62 is one of the most expensive automobiles on the market. Maybachs were originally built for high society and were the most expensive models of their time, selling 1,800 units between 1921 and 1941. Mercedes-Benz brought back the Maybach name in 2004 to be worn on the ultimate luxury car that the company calls "a business jet on wheels."
3. Mercedes-Benz S-Class: The German automaker has introduced an all-new S-Class for 2007, and the ninth-generation of the Mercedes flagship is a major leap in both comfort and safety technology, just as the previous generation was when it was introduced in 1999 for the 2000 model year. S-Class buyers get such features as night vision, radar-based cruise control and heated and cooled massaging seats. Initially available as the V8-powered S550, the $140,000 S600 will follow shortly, boasting a 510-horsepower bi-turbo V12 engine.
4. Ferrari F430: The latest mid-engine V8 sports car to come from Modena, the F430 is available as a coupe or convertible. Powered by a very light and compact 490-horsepower 90-degree 4.3-liter V8 engine, the F430 is available with a Formula One-style gearbox, reducing gear shift times to only 150 milliseconds. Performance figures from Ferrari promise acceleration from zero to 62 mph in 4.0 seconds and a top speed of over 196 mph. With prices starting around $175,000, this is the "entry-level" Ferrari.
5. Rolls-Royce Phantom: The Rolls-Royce name has long been associated with ultra-luxury sedans, and this latest model to wear the double R is no exception. With bold, unmistakable styling, Phantom is a showcase of modern technology, featuring an aluminum space frame with aluminum panels and composite front fenders. It follows the philosophy of Sir Henry Royce, who said "Strive for perfection in everything you do." Priced well above $300,000, less than 1,000 Phantoms are sold annually.
6. Lamborghini Murcielago: A true exotic sports car, the Murcielago is the flagship of the Lamborghini lineup. The Murcielago is the most recent of the line of mid-engine, V12 sports cars from Lamborghini that began in the 1960s with the Miura, followed in succession by the Countach and the Diablo. The latest V12 puts out an impressive 580 horsepower in both coupe and convertible form, giving the Murcielago a top speed around 200 mph.
7. Aston Martin DB9: The DB9 is Aston Martin's V12 GT that is offered in both Coupe and Volante (convertible) versions. The elegant DB9 replaced the DB7 for the 2004 model year with a handcrafted aluminum-bonded body frame that offers strength, structural rigidity and light weight. DB9 boasts a top speed of 186 mph, which is made possible with a 6.0-liter V12 engine producing 450 horsepower. Teamed with a 6-speed manual transmission, the DB9 runs to 60 mph in just 4.7 seconds.
8. Audi A8: The A8 is Audi's flagship luxury sedan that debuted for the 1997 model year as the replacement for the Audi V8 which had been discontinued in North America after the 1994 model year. Priced around $120,000, the top-of-the-line A8 features a 6.0-liter W12 engine and Audi's legendary quattro all-wheel-drive system. The A8 is lavishly equipped with leather trim, advanced electronics and a roomy rear seat.
9. Aston Martin V8 Vantage: According to Dr. Ulrich Bez, chairman and CEO of Aston Martin, the all-new V8 Vantage is also the most important car in Aston Martin history. The V8 Vantage is a sleek, two-seat sports car with a front-engine, rear-wheel-drive layout designed to go head-to-head with Porsche's 911. The interior is all Aston Martin, with much of the styling for the switches and instruments derived from exclusive watches and premium audio gear. Cabin materials include an extensive use of leather and anodized aluminum, and the V8 Vantage features a usable space below the rear hatch.
10. Aston Martin V12 Vanquish: The Vanquish is Aston Martin's V12-powered flagship handcrafted sports car that incorporates state-of-the-art aerospace technology. Building on the DB7, the most successful Aston Martin in the history of the British automaker, the V12 Vanquish is the most advanced vehicle to ever come out of the Aston Martin factory in Newport Pagnell. Only 300 hand-built, $255,000 V12 Vanquish models are produced each year, and each is fully customizable to the customer's requirements. The Vanquish S was added for 2005 and is the fastest production model ever from Aston Martin, powered by a 520-horsepower 5.9-liter V12 engine with a top speed in excess of 200 mph.
In the market for a new car? MSN Autos is pleased to provide you with information and services designed to save you time, money and hassle. Click to research prices and specifications on any new car on the market or click to get a free price quote through MSN Autos' New-Car Buying Service.
Must-See on MSN
Tá mé Mrs Mary Smith Táim ag scríobh an litir seo toisc rn i ndáiríre buíoch as an méid a rinne Mrs Morgan Clara dom agus mo theaghlach, nuair a shíl mé nach raibh aon dóchas tháinig sí agus a chur ar mo theaghlach a bhraitheann beo arís ag rá linn iasacht úis íseal ráta de 3% shíl mé riamh go bhfuil fós iasachtóirí iasachta fíor sa Ghlan ach le mo iontas fuair mé mo iasacht gan wasting cuid mhór ama mar sin má tá tú amach ann ag lorg ar iasacht d'aon mhéid a ba mhaith liom leat ríomhphost VIA (email@example.com) Ba mhaith liom tú go léir an rath
Bean Mary Smith