related linksRead more advice-related articles
MORE ON MSN AUTOS
MORE ON MSN
MSN AUTOS VIDEO
I'll say it again, you can't have a car "bucket" list w/o having the Shelby Cobra on it. He listed a VW beetle and a "mini" cooper...but no Cobra. Sorry, this author hasn't got a clue about a Car-Guy's BUCKET List, as again, NO Cobra, is No Brain.
I can see leaving off the Viper, GT500 of 67, earlier Vettes, but leaving off the Cobra is almost sacriligious for GUY lists. It's one of the FEW cars that bridged the gap between Chevy and Ford lovers, as no one could deny what it was about, nor the role it played in American performance vehicles past and future.
I'd also argue, the Vette, while deserving to be on list...I personally they chose the wrong one. Sorry, I know the Z hs more power, but give me a Stingray, or 57 anyday over the Z...I might not outrun ya, but I'll look a heckuva lot better when I get there.
I'd like to see 1,000 people write the top 10 cars down,Put the responses in a bowl then tally the top 10 instead of an opinion of an editor.
Some bucket list. So typical of PMSN Autos. Women posing as men authors. Let's go through it one by one:
- Ariel Atom - useless open wheel toy most private tracks won't allow you to race in competition. Nope.
- Amphicar - a 1950s idea and design whose time has come and gone. Get a boat if you want to float (hey I just made that up!).
- Mini Cooper - not bad and I'd like to have one. Score one to be put in the bucket.
- Corvette ZR1 - one of the fastest cars in the world with Chevy Cavalier quality plastics on the inside. No thanks.
- Citroen 2CV - my lawnmower would give it serious competition in power output. 'Nuff said.
- Ferrari 458 - it's no F12 Berlinetta. If you are going to get the Prancing Horse, get the best... all 730hp worth.
- Lamborghini Miura - a late '60s to early '70s era maintenance nightmare. I can think of 5 US muscle cars of the same era I'd rather have (and can work on in the garage on weekends).
- Oscar Mayer Wienermobile - I'm not a boy. I'm a grown man.
- Porsche 911 - I own one (2009 Carrera S) so that's already in the bucket.
- Classic VW Beetle - never liked them, their design, and their stupid "tweet" exhaust sound. I want more than four wheels, an engine, and seats.